Sunday, March 6, 2011

Counting my blessings

I have started a new "thing" for my bed time routine with Lily.  Instead of using a lamp to rock her to sleep I light a small candle, fire is so beautiful compared to a light bulb.  I guess it reminds me of Christmas Eve candlelight services at church sitting next to my grandma and grandpa as a little girl or telling scary stories around a campfire, or lighting a fire for a snuggly night at home with the family.  As I was putting Lily down tonight I was thinking about how we have been blessed with so much.  In this crazy world we are trained to think about the negative occurances and very rarely embrace all of the positives.  We have so many positives in our life and would love to thank God for giving us healthy children, a cozy house to call home, regular pay checks to allow us to make our bills, I am blessed with a healthy body that gives me the ability to train and compete in triathlon, and enjoy the out doors and being active with my family.  Most importantly I am blessed with a fantastic husband with a beautiful heart who is my soul mate and a family that loves me unconditionally and are willing to help me out whenever I stumble on a hardship.  I hope you can light a candle in this crazy world and take a moment to appreciate your blessings like I did tonight!  Till next time-D

No comments:

Post a Comment