Friday, February 25, 2011

Tis the season...for running!

I love this time of year particularly because I love the weather and training outside.  My mom is doing her second half marathon this weekend, the Disney Princess and she convinced my Aunt to do it with her, my Aunt Linda just took up running this past year or so.  I am so excited for them and hope they have a great race - GO MOM AND AUNT LINDA!!!

I am training for the Iron Girl Tri in May and looking to get back involved with the running club at Life Time.  I miss my runners and to be honest this is my favorite part of triathlon :-)  Running keeps me mentally tough and it is one of the only ways I can manage my weight and still enjoy food!  I'll keep you posted on the run club details soon, if you are local you should come out!

Today is my work from home day and I was watching Regis and Kelly this morning while cleaning up and I was amazed my the latest segment http://www.dadt.com/live/special/runacrossamerica/runners/index.html Dean Karnazes is doing a 75 day 3000 mile cross country run to inspire our country to fight against childhood obesity.  I have been following his story for only a few days and I am amazed by his motivation.  Check out his web-site and hopefully you will be as inspired as I am!  Lily and I are going to a noon meeting and then a 2pm pediatrician appointment and then we will head out for our run this afternoon, no excuses!  If Dean can run over 14 miles every day for the next 75 days I can get in 45 minutes this beautiful (and windy) Friday afternoon! 

Break out the running shoes and GO!

1 comment: