Tuesday, March 22, 2011

You know your running form sucks when...

"Bucket Man" corrects your form.  Who is bucket man?  He is about 50 years old, 7 ft tall and approximately 300 pounds.  I think he lives with family who takes care of him, lets just say he is not the sharpest pencil in the box.  He always has 2 buckets with him, sometimes rides a bike and roams the streets of the Suwanee/Lawrenceville area, from what I gather he is completely harmless just a little odd.

Today on mile 4 of my 4, 1-mile repeats, I was getting tired and could feel my post preggo tummy flab starting to pooch out and my arms creeping up into "bad form mode" but to be honest the pollen count was through the roof and the heat was intense I just wanted to finish this last split.  Then, here comes bucket man walking towards me ( I think he collects cans in the buckets, maybe picks up trash, not really sure????)  he stops dead in his tracks and stares at me as I run by (seemed like forever), I politely said hello, then here it is.... he says, "Drop your arms a little and swing more, you'll go faster!"  In my head I'm thinking, "Really?!  he just corrected my form? I'm the trainer/coach who people buy training sessions for me to correct their form, WTH?.  I have to admit, lately my athletic confidence and training is getting back to my pre-baby fitness level, and I am damn proud it's taken forever, but this threw me for a loop.  Life is funny that way, you can run around feeling like a bad ass and one comment from someone unexpected can put you right back into a humble place.  I will make sure my form rocks next time I "run" into bucket man and I have come to the realization that I still have a lot of work to do!

Maybe my new coach, aka bucket man will give me some more pointers if he sees me cycling, lol.  I'll keep you posted!

D

No comments:

Post a Comment