Monday, February 14, 2011

Kettlebells = awesomeness!

Thanks Matt for the workout this afternoon!  I really enjoyed training with the kettlebells and I can see how it will help me this tri season.  If you have never used them do it- functional movement patterns, power, and core stabilization.  I am horrible at some of the moves but I am going to be persistent in keeping it up.  I burned 300 calories in about 30 minutes, talk about cardio and strength all in one!

Now, EVERYONE should have a certified trainer take you through several workouts before you attempt to try them by yourself.  If you muscle through the movements (which most newbies do) then you WILL get hurt.  I don't care how good of shape you are in kettlebells are a different beast, have a certified instructor teach you proper technique.   

I think I may try and get certified to train with kettlebells some time in the future, I have a strong desire to spread the pain!  Happy training! Tomorrow if the weather permits Lily and I are going to run Stone Mountain ;-)

1 comment:

  1. Matty was fun to do Kettlebells with. Enjoy the Mountain tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete