Sunday, February 20, 2011

Training obsticles this week have been out of control...is someone trying to tell me something?

Every Sunday I look over the week to come and try to plan out my workouts.  Looking back on this week I laughed because I have had some weired things happen.

RECAP.... 

2/14- Monday morning my heart rate monitor battery had died, I depend on this little guy a lot!  Working out without my polar RS400 felt like I was blind folded.  Matt also gave me a killer workout with the kettlebells * see earlier post.  I was sore until Thursday- this was a good thing, my body needed that shock treatment.

2/15 - Went running with Lily - the jogging stroller wheel starting flopping around, it must have got knocked around in my trunk.  Nothing is more scary then thinking my child is going to fall out of the stroller in the middle of the street, we made it home and turns out you should check the stroller before every run for loose parts.  My body was really sore from kettlebells :-)

2/16 - no workout too booked with appointments to work out- BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO 

2/17 - decided to double up and make up for no workout yesterday.  Went to 9:30am spinning drank way too much coffee and had to run out of the class before I "tee teed" all over the bike.  I love but hate coffee for this reason only.  Then taught my barbell strength class at 12pm and felt lightheaded the entire time, thank God, I did not fall out on stage.

2/18 - no workout today again - boooooooooooooooo  I planned on it but just could not get it together.  Being a mom now this type of day I have learned to accept and not be angry with it. 

2/19 - worked all morning at the "get body beautiful" health expo and was determined to get a workout in after being on my feet all morning.  Lily and I went to the Greenway for a long run, we got stuck in 30 minutes of traffic due to a vehicle fire (mind you the freakin Greenway is only 5 minutes from my house at the most) and it was a Saturday afternoon.  So we parked where there were no bathrooms so I decided that I would run the 1st mile to the first bathroom on the trail, just as I take off my sports bra unzips, WTH?????  So here I am with Lily bug in the woods zipping up my under garments, it was a gorgeous day and the Greenway was packed if you saw me I hope I did not offend you!.  After I emptied out the bladder we had a good run, phew!!!!

2/20 - Woke up extra early to get a bike ride in extra early, Ben like for me to do that so he has fresh energy to take care of Lily in the morning.  I head out for my bike ride (it was cold!) and did not realize both of my brakes are let out, yes, I know I'm stupid.  I have not been on an outside ride since before Lily was born.  * note to self check the stroller AND the bike before EVERY ride.  So after a few scary hills I stopped and let my brakes in.  On the last 10 minutes of the ride a huge black dog was running lose and came at me on the bike, luckily I am speedy and out pedaled his 4 legs.  Being clipped in and knocked off my bike just did not seem like fun to me.   

So as I plan out my workouts for this week I can only imagine what the universe has in store for me! Here is to interesting training!

No comments:

Post a Comment