Monday, December 13, 2010

From breathing treatments to eating solid foods!


Lily started her breathing treatments every 4-6 hours (last Wednesday) and we stayed home most of the weekend to rest... thank the Lord, we ALL feel better!  Lily and I slept until noon on Sunday (I don't think I have done that since college) the extra rest really helped.  Breathing treatments were very scary for me, (not Lily) she basically fell asleep every time she had the mask on, my little angel knew what was good for her.  It freaked me out to see her with a mask on and her eyes closed.  Last but not least, Otis, (the dog) is also getting over his respiratory infection with $70 worth of antibiotics - Merry Christmas to us!

On another note, Lily is starting to look at us when we eat with curiosity, almost like she wants a bite of what we are eating.   I asked the pediatrician if we could try to feed her some solid foods, because I know this is an indicator of when they are ready to add in some solids.  In my nutrition books from college they say that you should wait until 6 months to try solid foods, but my little pop tart is ready to EAT!  We tried some rice cereal and she is getting the hang of it, next week will be some veggies.  I plan on making all of my own baby food and we will start with vegetables and then slowly introduce the sweet stuff (fruits) later on.  I have a bad sweet tooth so I need to get Lily started on the right foot with veggies, because she will definitely love her shuga later on :-) 

No comments:

Post a Comment