Friday, December 3, 2010

Cold Run

Today was our first really cold run of the season.  I was not sure if I should run with Lily, but as you can see I layered her up like it was 20 below, but it was really 50 here, haha.  Running is getting easier but the hills with the jogging stroller are killer.  Today my heart rate monitor was reading 99 bpm on my way up a steep one, obviously the battery was dying and that made the run more frustrating because I love to see my progress with my heart rate monitor calorie burn and zone training plans.  The first time I tried to run after I had Lily it was humbling, I was running down hill and hit zone 4, I used to have to run at 6 minute pace to even touch zone 4.  Needless to say if you are trying to get back in shape, post baby or anything a heart rate monitor is a necessity! 

It's Friday and Ben does not have any school tonight so I want to cook something special- baked salmon with lemon and herbs, broccoli and brown rice, BUT since it is Friday you bet wine will be served with dinner! I'll work them extra hard in my Pilates class tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment