Sunday, January 16, 2011

Enough already...I set the date...

...for my come back triathlon!  I am the type of person who needs to have a date and goal in mind in order to get off my butt for real!  Yes, I have been "working out" to get the baby weight off, but my regimen has no rhyme or reason, now I have a Purpose!  Iron Girl Atlanta Triathlon, May 15th 2011 will be my comeback race.  It is only a sprint distance and 2 years ago I could have done this distance in my sleep while I was training for the Augusta Ironman, but now I will have to make some adjustments to pull off the training and beat my time from 2009 (pre-mommy). 

The Iron Girl is 1/3 mile swim/18 mile bike/3 mile run. 

Here is my plan:
Run 3x week (1 long/1 hill/1 speed workout
Swim 1-2x week (I have been a fish my whole life so I don't need to pay extra attention on the swim and for this distance I could probably get away with only 1x week of swim workout.)
Bike 2-3x This is the challenging part, I can't bring Lily with me on my bike and the time that it takes to train on the bike is very long.  I will most likely have to do a lot of training on my indoor bike trainer, spin class and hopefully get out on the road at least 1x week. 

After I paid for the race yesterday, it was like a switch went on inside of me and I was competitive again.  I got in a swim workout yesterday before teaching Pilates and it felt awesome and I got a run in this morning after breakfast.  Hopefully our winter won't be too long because I miss my jogging stroller runs with Lily, that was her nap time, she loves the motion. 

I am planning on doing at least 3 races this season, maybe the Acworth women's tri and possibly an Olympic distance race.  Hopefully I will see some of you out there!

Cheers to triathlon and getting back into shape!

No comments:

Post a Comment