Monday, January 24, 2011

Back to cheat meals and triathlon training!

When it comes to trying to lean out and attain my weight loss and fitness goals, I have to set up personal boundries.  One of the most successful boundries I have learned to set is cheat meals.  If I know I can have 1-2 cheat meals over the course of a week, I will eat clean the rest of the time.  All of the pointless calories from a casual glass of wine, cookie, bread basket, fun size candy bar, etc. that tend to accumulate over the week are eliminated.  I plan a meal (or two) per week that I can splurge on which usually consist of something like a dessert (cheesecake) or pizza and of course wine!  Cheat meals keep me honest and eating clean throughout the week and my "cheat treats" taste so good when I finally get to splurge!

Another technique that works for me is planning out my workouts, this has been a huge challenge with a new baby at home, BUT it can be done.  I registered for Iron Girl this May so I would have no excuses to blow off any workout.  I usually try to get 6 workouts in a week, but since I am at home with Lily have of the time I double up on some days when I have more free time.

Double workout days are great "brick" workouts for triathlon, this week I will probably be training for 4-5 days on 2 of those days will be a double workout of bike/run or swim/bike.  I cannot wait for the weather to get warm again I REALLY miss jogging with Lily and the stroller. 

Cheers to triathlon training and cheat meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment