Monday, January 3, 2011

9 things I learned when Lily had her first flu bug..

1. Call the doctor no matter what... the doctor said if we would have waited longer we could have ended up in the ER.  Her temp was 102, all of the papers say that 103 is when you should call, thank God I called the doctors office (not to mention it was New Years Eve on a Friday)

2. Don't give a baby under 6 months anything but Tylenol, Advil was buy one get one free :-(

3. Their appetite stinks so you have to feed them more frequently instead of every 4 hours I fed every 2 hours

4. Anti-viral medication can make them have runny green poop or should I say diarrhea

5. Mommy did not sleep because all I thought about is her temperature rising in the middle of the night.  Have a thermometer upstairs and downstairs, and anal temp readings are the most accurate (fun fun).

6. Breathing treatments work, when the cough came the breathing treatments were a life saver! You cannot give a baby anything for a cough so the breathing treatments really helped. 

7. Seeing Lily smile after being sick for a few days made me light up inside. 

8. If the baby is sick you will probably get sick or worse your husband will and then you have 2 babies!

9. I never knew any of this stuff before Lily was born, thank God for Ben, family, friends, pediatrician, and my maternal instincts. 

1 comment: