Sunday, October 2, 2011

Family always first!

When I first became a "Yarn" I have to admit it was kind of hard to put my little family first, I was used to flying by the seat of my pants.  I would go to the gym and take back to back classes or maybe get caught up in a juicy gossip session with one of my friends and come home an hour later then planned. I was horrible at work/life balance I would put clients and potential commission before my family, which only caused more stress and the extra cash was not even worth it, in fact it was toxic.  No amount of money can replace quality time with family.   

Over the years I started breaking those bad habits and after giving birth to Lily and the boys moving in all in the same year I have a whole new understanding of family first.  Family, kids (and spouses) need us to be there for them through the good and bad, to prepare dinner, help with homework, read a book, play with dolls, go for walks, give advice, laugh with, etc.  In my continuous efforts to put family first I quit procrastinating and Lily and I took a girls only road trip to check up on her Great Aunt Liz and Grandpa in Augusta.  We had a blast and here are some pictures from out weekend trip!

 All dressed up and ready to go to Augusta!  Love this new outfit- do you like her model pose? 
 Playing with her great grandpa Snapp, he had no idea we were in town we made his night!
 Lily showing Grandpa how she can talk on the cell phone like her mommy :-)
 Lily and Grandpa rocking on their rocker recliners, her new most favorite thing to do
 L-O-V-E
 More LOVE!
  Lily and her GAL (Great Aunt Liz), thanks for the fun weekend, we'll be back soon!

XOXO- Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment