Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Triathlon season here I come!

I have completed my first tri as a mommy!  Irongirl sprint distance triathlon at Lake Lanier on May 15th was my "come back race."  I felt awesome and I am so happy to be training with a purpose again.  I have to admit I was terrified that I would not have my competitive spirit again and all of the time off would have worked against me, but my muscles had memory and I felt great on race day!

Besides being extremely cold on race morning everything went great.  The swim was smooth, the bike was hilly but my legs felt strong, and the run was tough but my head was in it and I was able to pass other runners the entire 5k. I told myself that I would only do sprint races this season so I would not feel overwhelmed with training, but Irongirl went so well, I am think ing about doing an Olympic distance race in September, only time will tell! 

Here are some pictures from race day, ENJOY!


 Finish line here I come!
I loved seeing this cute little face at the finish line :-)
 My mom, #1 in my fan club, she has been to all of my races from beginning to end, she is the BEST!
 Tri mom and Lily bug!
 The girls
 The family (my hubby coach!)
 I had to throw this picture in because Ben said he would NEVER wear one of these :-) hahahahahahaha, BUSTED!  Doesn't he look so excited?!
 Nana and spoiled Lily!
Lily in her shades - gotta protect those pretty blue eyes from the sun! I could not resist putting another pic of Ben in :-)

2 comments:

  1. Totally awesome and inspiring! Keep it up girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so awesome, congrats on the race!!! (PS Lily is SO gorgeous & I love that Ben is wearing the Bjorn!)

    ReplyDelete