Saturday, December 17, 2011

Ben's graduation GSU 2011

Graduating from college is one of the life milestones I just expected to do growing up, my husband definitely did not have it as easy as I did. This explains the tears in my eyes and my parent's eyes as he moved his tassel to the other side of his cap.  His college journey was definitely not as easy as mine!  I was fortunate enough to graduate from high school and head right off to college (University of North Florida) after high school.  I had support both emotionally and financially from my family and looking back I definitely took that for granted.  My husband, Ben served our country for 7 years in the military right out of high school and he had the boys during that time too.  He always knew that he wanted to go back to school but with a family and financial obligations he knew it was going to be a huge struggle.  As soon as I finished my internship at Emory and was established in my career it was Ben's turn and he went back to school to obtain his college education.  It was not easy, he worked full time and went to school full time, during some of our major life moments including the birth of Lily last year and our wedding!  

To my husband and hero,  I am so proud of you babe!








Love,
Dana

No comments:

Post a Comment